One of the most important and widely recognized functions FIT fulfils for its member associations is the awarding of FIT prizes and awards at FIT World Congresses. Being selected by an international jury to receive a FIT prize or award signifies recognition of the ‘best of the best’ by one’s peers around the globe. FIT is encouraging members associations to submit nominations, as an opportunity to demonstrate the work and accomplishments of the association’s members.
Besides, there are two new prizes this year – one for interpreting and one for scientific and technical translation – sponsored by the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA) and Pamela Mayorcas, a former chair of the ITI in the United Kingdom.
Take a look at 2011 winners! A list of FIT prizes follows.
• Astrid Lindgren Prize
• “Aurora Borealis” Prize for Outstanding Translation of Fiction Literature
• “Aurora Borealis” Prize for Outstanding Translation of Non-fiction Literature
• Karel Čapek Medal
• FIT Prize for Excellence in Scientific and Technical Translation
• FIT Prize for Interpreting Excellence
• FIT Prize for Best Periodical
• FIT Prize for Best Website
• Pierre-François Caillé Memorial Medal
An Award Booklet (including the rules for FIT Prizes) can be downloaded here.